Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reactions to Ihde

I have been slowly making progress on getting my head around this Ihde stuff we've been discussing. The most intriguing thing to me is when a machine makes you experience the world differently, like a blind man with a cane. I didn't realize how much I experience this everyday. For instance, I experience this with glasses because I have difficulty seeing things far away, and every time I use my cell phone. I am still trying to think of a way to link this to my project on my technology in my major. I definitely see why Scot said people have used it in the past. I wonder how Ihde would characterize virtual reality...

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impress with some of the readings in class that we have been reading because they were written a while ago, but talking about it now, it is reality. It's interesting how the authors can predict the future without intending too. i would have to put Ihde in this category and i agree with what you said about technologies..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you make a good point in regards to the amount of technology involved in our lives, especially in regards to the cell phone. In a lot of ways it is a lot like a third arm for a lot of people. I know that I have a tendency to just pull it out and call someone if I have a question, and when I do not have it I start to get concerned that I might have isolated myself fro the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete